Become A Contributor
We are always on the lookout for the very best in underwater photography and welcome submissions from photographers, who wish to join our community of award-winning contributors. Please read on for submission information and technical specifications.
In the first instance, please email a link to your online portfolio (this can be a link to your website, your Instagram photography account etc) and / or 10 sample low resolution jpegs (1024px on the longest side) to our Submissions Manager, Lucy Evans, at lucy[at]imagequestmarine.com.
Please make the subject of your email:
'New photographer submission: (Your Name)'
Please answer the following questions in the body of the email:
1. How many images do you have in your archive?
2. What photographic equipment do you use?
3. What would you consider your specialist area of photography to be? What locations do you often visit?
4. Are you currently represented by any other photographic libraries, if so who?
Please ensure the total size of your initial email of low-res images is under 5MB.
You will receive a response within 2-4 weeks, but due to the high volume of prospective submissions, we regret that we are unable to comment in detail on individual submissions.
If we think your work may be suitable for our collection, you will be asked to submit further images.
Should you be successful in your application, we will send further guidelines on what is required in regards to image captions etc but you must be able to supply high-resolution files to the following specifications:
• Initially submit around 100-200 images.
• Digital images, please send files by using the native software to create a 50mb file from the raw file, then convert to jpeg to send to us.
• Images can only be sharpened at the RAW stage - Minimal sharpening only
• Scanned images should be cropped and cleaned at 100%
• Send JPEG files saved at maximum quality (300dpi resolution, approx 5400 x 3500 pixels, Adobe RGB (1998), 8 bits/channel).
• Please note: We DO NOT accept unscanned images
We look forward to working with you! If you have any questions, please email our Submissions Manager, Lucy Evans, at lucy[at]imagequestmarine.com or call +44(0)1993 882333.